Friday, July 21, 2006

Happy Father's Day - June 18, 2006


We attended our first social function on Sunday June 18th with the EEFSG (Enterprise Enlisted Family Support Group). Because we are separated from Daddy this year, the EEFSG scheduled this event to honor Father's Day. It was a craft function; we decorated a pillowcase for Daddy, and we put our handprints onto this kingsize sheet, which was delivered to the "Big E" and displayed in the hanger bay. Our handprints are located in the lower right hand corner (next to the letter U).

The king size sheet arrived aboard the Big E. The following is a comment from Michael, written via email dated July 18, 2006...

"...my reaction to the sheet with all your handprints on it. I put my hand over each of yours and imagined that you were holding mine. I kissed my fingers and touched the sheet as if to tell each of you how much I miss you and how much I love you. Even as I write this I get all misty eyed just thinking of you and the boys and missing you so very very much."

ET1 Strunk....our daddy, our hero! We love you!

No comments: