Thursday, July 08, 2010

Hello again, how are you?

I spent 4 hours today on the internet reading various blog sites of friends. I have come to the realization that I must recommit to becoming a new blogger. I started this blog 4 years ago, and I realized how quickly time is passing, and how much my life has changed in those 48 months. Since 2006, Michael has completed 2 more deployments (for a total of 6 in seven years), spent another year of rotating shift work in Naval Norfolk Shipyard, I gave birth to our third son, we became landlords, we built a house, we moved AGAIN. How I wish I could go back and read my thoughts from the past 4 years, and remember what I was doing during that time from 2006 to present day.

Presently, my mother is researching the Strong family tree on ancestory.com trying to find out information on our family history. Right now, I am more interested in the present, because tomorrow, it will be my history, and I want there to be a detailed record of my legacy and some details of the day-to-day happenings of my life.

After witnessing the passing of my stepfather in December-- the continued grieving of his widow, I have experienced first hand what James was trying to convey to me in scripture, "For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away" (James 4:14) . I MUST blog. I want to be able to look back on these snippets of time and be able to re-read some type of archive of what took place during my brief time here. Perhaps Michael, Chad, Alex, and Ryan will find comfort in it one day too.

Ironically, the thing I want to document, my time in this life, is the thing that has kept me away from this blog site. I must better manage my busy-ness, and personal time. My goal with this blog is to document our family legacy, our memories and our present day experiences, sometimes, I will only hit the highlights, but it is our adventures today that become my children's memories tomorrow!

No comments: